Thursday 14 February 2019

Favourite Birthday or Christmas (& Why)

Hello Crafters. 

It's Sarah here hosting today and wishing you lots of love on Valentine's Day!!

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. It was my pleasure to look at your lovely entries for our shape or fold challenge and ta dah...

Our winner is:

#4 Jane

with this fantastic stepper card!!


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

#7 Renate



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

Lawn Fawn





This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite theme: Birthday or Christmas (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


Anne

I had to choose Birthday for this challenge. I love making Christmas cards but because all our family birthdays and anniversaries are spread between December and March I don't usually get chance to make any until those are all out of the way





Annette
I'd like to pretend that I'm one of those super organised people on a mission to make a few Christmas cards each month so there's no rush in December, but in reality I do simply prefer Christmas crafting.  Christmas is often a time when lots of people make handcrafted cards and gifts which are fun to make and swap.  





Christmas cards are hands down my favorite kind of cards to make.  I love all the sweet images and I love sending these cards to my family and friends.




Elaine


I just love making any type of card. Christmas comes equal with birthdays, but today I am showing a Christmas card. I like to adapt card designs to suit other occasions.




Jayne

I'm going with birthday cards if only because I associate making Christmas cards in a mad panic in mid December!




Larissa

I love making cards for both occasions, especially when I make my card for a special person. This card has been made for my little nephew Niek, who celebrated his 5th birthday on the first of january. I really enjoy it that I can make a birthday extra special, because I use products and colours and images that that person really likes. Niek is crazy about all kinds of animals, but at the moment he really loves dinosaurs, so I had to make him a dinosaur card. He loved it! :)





I like making both, but usually my Christmas cards are made in a mad rush when it's too late to get them all finished.  Every year I say it won't happen again... and then I make lots of birthday cards!


I think I've overdosed a bit on Christmas cards and have enjoyed making more birthday cards lately, plus we have quite a few family birthdays near the beginning of the year.





I am determined to make all of my christmas cards this year so have to say christmas. Here are three more to add to the stack!! I have many unused Christmas stamp sets which also deserve to be inked.



Whilst I do enjoy making Christmas cards (once I eventually get going), I am still twitching from the volume that I made last year so, rather than bring myself out in a rash, I am currently thoroughly enjoying making bright and happy birthday cards




I love to make both cards, but I noticed that a lot of people don't send Christmas cards anymore. So my addresslist for Christmas cards is decreasing and hence I don't have to make a lot. Birthday cards I need a lot, so my favorite is birthday cards.  


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.





8 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner and top-3-ladies and thank you so much for my spot!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek I won, thank you so much!! Many congratulations to all the other ladies with their fabulous projects! The DT makes are stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of your top three. I'm thrilled and honored. Congrats to the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop, whoop!!! Totally unexpected, but very happy with my top 3 spot. Thank Juliie all for choosing my card.
    Congrats to all tehe other winners.

    -xiss- Renate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific design team samples for birthdays and Christmas. Thank you for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je suis ravie de participer à ce super challenge.
    Bravo à la DT pour ses créations merveilleuses.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    I am delighted to participate in this great challenge.
    Congratulations to the DT for his wonderful creations.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely selection of cards from the DT, and I loved reading the reasoning behind them too! Thanks for sharing ladies!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Cards from the DT
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete