Thursday 31 January 2019

Fave Shape or Fold & Why

Hello Peeps, Squirrel hosting today!
Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Stempelfrida


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are


Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is
£10 Voucher from 





This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Shape or Fold(& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


Anne
I don't often make cards that are unusual shapes or folds so it made a change to try something different for this challenge. This 'z' fold which Elaine also used is so easy and does have a bit of a wow factor! 





This Go Kreate die may be one of my oldest but it's also still my favourite shape for creating cardbases.  I love the fancy corners and also that it perfectly fits my usual 6" square cardbase.






I had such fun making this "twist and pop" card, so I guess I'll go with it as my current favorite card fold.  I love that it pops with a surprise inside.



Elaine


I love making fancy fold cards. I think they make an ordinary greeting a bit more special.




Jayne
What can I say?  I love a shaped card but I really love a crazy fold - the crazier the better! 




Larissa
I love making circle cards, somehow these cards look extra cute. I love my Crealies dies to create them, because they have large dies in their sets and you can make a normal size card. I really love the look of a scalloped circle, so that is what I made today.



Lisa
I do make some shaped/ fancy fold cards, but I'm most comfortable with a 6" square card... so this Grand Nestabilities die set (Labels 4) is really handy and I use it a lot when I want something a bit more interesting than a plain square.



I love making this Go Kreate shape. I  think it makes a  card look extra special with its lovely curves and isn't too fussy.



My current favourite card shape is the tent fold, landscape or portrait. 



A very simple variation on the square base and these dies made it so easy





I love to create fun fold cards for special people or special occassions.
This one is my favorite one. It´s so versatile and not to hard to make.



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing one of my cards as the top 3, and congrats to the other winners. Great samples for the new challenge from the talented DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear As You Like It team! I am so honoured that my card made the winner of last challenge. The Top picks are gorgeous, congratulations to all! And thank you also for always hosting this fun challenge. I love to play along so much. You have created a gorgeous inspiration once again. All worth to be shown as winner cards!
    Kind regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très belles créations de la DT pour ce nouveau challenge auquel je participe avec plaisir.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    Very beautiful creations of the DT for this new challenge which I participate with pleasure.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete