Thursday 13 July 2017

Do you prefer pearls or gems (and why)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge





The winner of this challenge will be invited to be a 
guest designer with us for a future challenge.


This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Pearls or Gems (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I think it's fairly clear if you look at my previous creations that I opt for pearls on most of my cards and rarely use gems. I love the smooth texture of the pearls and have them in every colour of the rainbow to match whatever card I'm making. 






I prefer pearls because I can even use little ones on Masculine cards
I tend to use pearls or enamel accents that are like pearls.

I like both pearls and gems to give a project that extra little something.  I tend to choose them to match the overall designed of my card.  This card was just begging for the sparkle of gems.





Elaine


I like both pearls and gems. I have used pearls in this instance because I think they look a little more sophisticated.


I love both pearls and gems. Pearls are really easy to use for me because they have adhesive on the back of them and I like the pretty look.




I like both, but tend to use pearls a lot more.  I think they finish a card off and look more elegant than gems, particularly for special occasion cards.




It's pearls for me, they come in such an array of colours these days and just add a lovely finishing touch to any card whether elaborate or simple, as in this case.



Pearls or Gems, hmmmm, well for me it is determined by the card I'm
making but when it is a chirpy image that demands bling and sparkle then
of course it has to be gems!





I love both and it depends of the 'sort' of card I make. For a romantic card I like to use pearls and for a fun or modern card I like to use gems. This bright coloured card needs gems. 


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and
showcase Your Favourite Pearls or Gems (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.





4 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner and thank you for choosing my card in your Top 3!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration from the design team!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Wonderful DT inspirations, and reasons why your DT love to use pearls or gems.
    Thank you for a super challenge theme.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete