Thursday 27 February 2014

Favourite 3D Texture and WHY


Well, we didn't have as many entries as usual, 
but thank you to everyone who entered our 'inspirational object' challenge.

Our lucky winner is:

#1 Simone



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 amazing projects are:

Jan ltc



Jane's Journal



Rupa



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our 22nd challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is 
Freckled Fawn
172x172 2.png



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Fave item to create 3D texture (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


My favourite 3D items are pearls, ribbons and flowers 
I couldn't decide between them so added all three! 
I also like layering my panels on foam pads to create more 3D texture



Samantha
My favourite 3D item and how to create texture
If you know me well you will know I LOVE sewing on cards so that is my most favourite way to create texture I also love crumpling die cuts the dotty border is a die cut stained and crumpled then sewn into place, and to add a little more texture a wooden flower coloured and glossy accents and a pearl added.





Mojca

I just love using embossing folders and this fence pattern looking like is one of my favourite, because it looks so fancy and elegant doesn't it?  I also love to use butterflies on my cards to get some extra texture.




Sarah
Usually my favourite technique for adding texture, without bulk, is embossing folders. However, on this occasion  I found a pad of pre-embossed core'dinations which I sanded back to reveal the raised pattern. The seam binding ribbon adds some softness too.





Suzette
Since I found the wonderful snow tex paint and frantage embossing powders I am hooked on them.  I love vintage/shabby chic cards these are a perfect combination. 
Lace and flowers add the finishing touch to this card.
 





So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Fave item to create 3D texture (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




9 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much, so glad to be at top 3. Congrats to the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owwh so lovely to see my fairy card in your top 3, I will wear my badge on my blog with pride..off to add it. Well done to everyone else. I am looking forward to joining your new challenge in the next fortnight. Thanks so much and happy Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful design team samples. So full of color and texture. Thank you for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab challenge, and awesome work by the DT! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun challenge & gorgeous DT inspiration! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the DT work xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I´m the lucky winner!
    I´m so happy about the news!
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Simone

    ReplyDelete