Thursday 13 February 2014

Favourite Inspirational Object (& show a photo of what it is)


Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Leeann
with this lovely card, gorgeous bow and lovely red accents.


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

Sharon



Maria B



Kavitha


Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our 21st challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is 
My Mum's Craft Shop




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
an Inspirational Object (& why).
Instead of explaining why it's your favourite like we usually ask, in order to qualify for the prize, please include a photo of your inspirational object so that we can see what's inspired you.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



My inspirational object was this chocolate box 
which was just too gorgeous to throw away. 

Unfortunately, of course, before I could decorate it, I had to empty it.  
Well, that was a really difficult task, but I battled on 
and managed to succeed in emptying it fairly quickly!  ;0)




After successfully emptying the box, I painted it using some leftover cream paint.  I had to give it several coats to hide the dark bits.  After much frustration trying to get rid of brush marks, I used a small paint roller to roll out the brush marks, which gave it a lovely mottled effect.  






Once the paint had dried, I decorated the box with lots of layers of cream and gold card, a gorgeous teddy bear image (teddies are something else I love as well as chocolates boxes), some gorgeous gold organza ribbon, and some golden die cut hearts.   




I also stamped teeny flowers and leaves around the largest circle layer, and also all around the sides of the box, and finally wrapped more of the organza ribbon around the edge and tied a small knot to hold it in place.






Samantha
My Inspirational Object?
Wow there are so many, but something that has always inspired me
to create in the kitchen is my Grandfathers Sugar thermometer.
My mum gave it to me years ago and I don't use it very often, but have used it to make Jam and marmalade.  


My grandfather made sweets, chocolates and candies.
This is his box of wax wrappers and just some of his metal moulds

 So I was inspired to try and make something.

I was chatting with Annette and she asked why not make something
foodie for the challenge.   I had not considered baking as crafting but I guess its handmade so therefore is also a craft of sorts... so here is my version of my Grandfather's toffee. 



old fashioned soft toffee


 Ohhh Lush! not good for a diet but...
at only 47 calories each sweet it's not so bad really!







Carol

I love Blue and White china and a lover of candles so that's where I took my inspiration from.








Mojca

I love music and can't image life without it, so my inspirational object were CD's from my and my boyfriend's collection. I used an image of a girl that listens to music and also added a sentiment that says: "Laughter is the music of the heart. Listen to it every day."






Sarah

My inspiration came from this photograph of me on my 1st Birthday wearing a beautiful hand knitted dress that had been made by my Grandma.




My Mum is also an extraordinarily talented knitter. Me...not so much BUT the piccie did inspire me to get the old needles out and this is what I did.




Suzette

**coming soon**



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your  Favourite Inspirational Object (& why).
Don't forget this time, instead of explaining why it's your favourite like we usually ask, in order to qualify for the prize, please include a photo of your inspirational object so that we can see what's inspired you.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




8 comments:

  1. I love your challenges and this one is truly inspirational. What a fabulous collection from the DT. Will get my thinking cap on for this one. Thanks for something different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are just fantastic! I may well join in if I get the chance this fortnight... What with Valentine's and birthdays and all that getting in the way! lol. FAB challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge and amazing creations!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for choosing my card for the top 3. Congrats to all other winners.

    Gorgeous projects, ladies. That toffee looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for picking my card for the prize! And congrats to all winners! I have already sent an e-mail.

    Great designer projects, the butterfly candle holder is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a challenge theme! Hope to have something to post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your lovely comments we really appreciate every one of them! hugs Samantha and the Girls x

    ReplyDelete