Thursday 8 August 2024

Favourite Bugs, Feathers or Fur (and why)

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge

Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm "inner glow" of pride, without lots of entry rules.




CHALLENGE RULES:

Usually we provide 2 contrasting options for you to choose from. 
Join us by using your favourite option in your creation. 

To be eligible to win our prize, or top-3 spot, 
you must explain why you've made your choice,
so we can understand why you like it so much!

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'rabbits', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the bunny from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember the main requirement in creating is 
to have fun and enjoy your crafting time!





Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:



Don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are





Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is:




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite: Bugs, Feathers or Fur (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



This was another easy choice for me because I love most things cute and fluffy!  
I am also not keen on any kind of creepy crawly and I don't like things that flutter around so that discounts most birds and bugs!  Today's furry critter is looking particularly cute which her little snowman sledge.





Recently I have been having a bunch of fun using bugs.  I love butterflies.   Monarchs lay their eggs on crown flowers here and we planted some in our yard for that reason.  We have watched a number of Monarch caterpillars grow up and even watched one "hatch".




I love my animals for sure, but Bees are my bugs of choice and always have them in my garden..






I like both feathers and fur, not so keen in bugs. I have chosen feathers for this challenge. My hubby is a keen birdwatcher, so this is an appropriate card for his birthday. 







I really love making cards with animals and on most of my cards you can find an animal. I love all the cute stamped versions, but since my absolute favourite animal is the mouse, I went with fur for this challenge. I just love their cute look with the big ears.





I use animals far more than bugs or birds.  They are much cuter and there are so many different ones to choose from.



Fur for me, not a fan of bugs and it's the flapping of feathery things that freak me out!! 
 I seem to have featured many dogs of late so thought I would share a horse, one of my favourite animals. I cross stitched this one to hang in my work room.







I love butterflies. In our garden we have lot of plants, flowers for bees and butterflies.
They are so beautifully coloured and frail. I love to watch them. 



It's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Hi There, just want to say thanks for picking my card in your top 3. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design team samples. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thank you for choosing my card in the top 3 x

    ReplyDelete