Thursday 8 November 2018

Favourite - Monochrome or Rainbow?

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:




and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:









So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is


Lawn Fawn


Prize:






This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
either Monochrome or Rainbow colours
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


Anne

I do love to use bright colours but had some baby cards to make this week so I thought monochrome would be the obvious choice as I was doing pink or blue!



When I first started to think about the theme, I was leaning towards the monochrome. I have a tendency to  get a bit 'OCD' about matching colour themes with any embellishments, but when it came down to it, I realised that I usually opt for 2 complementary colours, like strawberries and cream or purple and green. So when I tried to stick to just a single colour, I couldn't create something I was happy with. Therefore, by the elimination of monochrome, I've ended up with a colourful creation; perhaps a little more colourful than my usual makes, but something I was certainly more comfortable with!






This "favorite" depends on the image and the occasion to me.  There seems to be a certain elegance that goes with monochrome, so that's my favorite today.




Elaine


A hard choice I like both colour and monochrome. I have opted for a rainbow of colour this time. I like lots of colour for youngsters cards. They are more interesting and eye-catching.





Jayne
I love the monochrome look - it gives a card a real vintage feel to a card.




Larissa

I love using the rainbow on my cards, so this wasn't a difficult choice. I love how the colours look together. I really like using bright colours and this image was perfect for rainbow colours.




Lisa

I think monochrome can look gorgeous, usually when other people do it!  I love to use lots of bright colours on my cards.




I love making this style of card and think monochrome shades make them look so elegant.



I LOVE colour, so it has to be rainbow for me!!


I'm not sure who the numpty was who thought of this theme, oh, yes, that'll be me then, so I thought I had better step up to the plate and make the monochrome option!





Colourful cards are my cup of tea. Lots of colours make me happy. 




So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards from team!
    Im so happy to be in top 3!
    thank you
    congrats to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute design team samples. Kudos to the monochrome creations. I think that is one of the hardest projects to craft. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank youuuu so much for the top 3!! sweetest hugs <3

    ReplyDelete