Thursday 30 May 2024

Favourite type of embossing (wet or dry) and why?

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge

Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm "inner glow" of pride, without lots of entry rules.




CHALLENGE RULES:

Usually we provide 2 contrasting options for you to choose from. 
Join us by using your favourite option in your creation. 

To be eligible to win our prize, or top-3 spot, 
you must explain why you've made your choice,
so we can understand why you like it so much!

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'rabbits', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the bunny from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember the main requirement in creating is 
to have fun and enjoy your crafting time!





Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:




Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are





Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is:





This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite: Embossing method eg folder/heat etc (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I love the texture and subtlety of an embossing folder. It's amazing to see a beautifully intricate design appear once you peel away the folder and allow the light to reveal the pattern in its shadows.  I've raised the image and layered sentiment on 3D foam pads too for added dimension.







Honestly, heat embossing is my overall favorite.  It is just so magical, however right now, simplicity is important to me. Dry embossing is quick and easy and gives such wonderful results.  I love all the beautiful embossing folders that are available, just run it through your die cutting machine and you get all that yummy texture.




I do enjoy wet embossing but usually mess it up, so dry would be my favourite, adds so much dimension on shells etc..






I love the simplicity of using embossing folder. They give a lovely crisp edge and are a delight to colour for a quick card. 







I don't use embossing very often but I do like both techniques. Most of the times when I use heat embossing, it is for images that I am embossing so I can watercolour them. The little edges prevent you going out of the lines when you are colouring. I love the look of dry embossing. It looks very elegant and it is a simple way to add something extra on your card.





Heat embossing for me, especially on Christmas cards.  I love gold and silver on Christmas cards as well as glitter.



The process of heat embossing just has to be my favourite. It's like magic!!








I like an embossing folder and heat embossing. An embossing folder is much easier for a quick card that needs some interest or a clean and simple card. 
Heat embossing is a bit more messy to use but the outcome is beautiful. 
For this challenge I used an embossing folder and this one is my favorite.



It's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing my card in the top 3, congrats to the other winners too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to be the random winner from the sketch challenge! How fun! Congrats to the wonderful Top 3 choices!
    Thank you so much! Sent my email this morning!

    ReplyDelete