Thursday 2 July 2020

Do you prefer jungle or farm themes? (and why?)

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge
Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm inner glow of pride, without lots of entry rules.

Usually we provide some options for you to choose from 
from which you can select your favourite to join in. 

For a change to win our prize or a top-3 spot, 
please remember tell us why you've made your choice
so that our team and readers can understand the reason it's your favourite.

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'bunny', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the rabbit from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember to have fun 
and enjoy your crafting time.


Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is: Repolainen



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



It was very hard to choose this week there were some fabulous entries, After much deliberation our Top 3 are




Jinny





Vannessa




Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






The winner of this challenge will be 
invited to join us as a Guest Designer for August







This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Farm or Jungle  (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

We have the wonderful Jules joining us as a Guest Designer this month, 
so please pop over and leave her a comment.
Here's a little bit about her:


I am a very happily married, craft obsessed workaholic, who could craft 24 hrs a day given the chance!  Such a shame we have to waste time sleeping isn’t it?

Everything I make has a heart on it somewhere ... 
... big and bold or small and almost hidden ...
... the fun is trying to find them.

I chose the Jungle option as I just love the thought of so many different animals living wild and free in their natural environment.



So, did you spot the heart?!!!

Here are the beautiful creations made by the rest of our 
Design Team to get your mojo flowing:

I love animals and a safari is high on my bucket list so I had to choose jungle for this challenge







This was a tough choice for me as I've got a soft spot for lambs and horses, as well as chickens which we used to have as pets, but I have also had a life long love of the big cats, my favourite being the Tiger, so that's what I've opted for on today's card.  




Brenda
I wish I could live on a farm, so it's farm animals for me.  I particularly like chickens (even tho not really an animal) because they can have such gorgeous colours in their tails and I have to admire the confidence they exude.






Elaine


I have stretched the theme for this challenge a little. I have chosen jungle in a cartoon way. I bought a range of Disney Winnie the Pooh stamps about 15 years ago. Tigger is one of my favourite characters because his personality is so much fun.






I like working with all kinds of animals on my cards, but I think I have more jungle animals than farm animals. Many sets are bought because my nephew was really into jungle animals. The look on his face when I made something with one of those was just amazing. I love working with jungle animals, because I don't get to see them very often in real. I live in an area where there are lots of farm animals, so I see those often, so I think it is fun to use jungle animals on my cards because of that.





I wasn't sure what to do for this challenge so after a rummage through my stamps I found this adorable image, then realised I have many more farm animals in my collection than jungle animals! So farm animals it is...



I think I have to go for jungle animals, purely because I have far more stamps/images than those from a farm. After all, who can resist a cute elephant?



As an ex-Farmer it couldn't be anything but farm animals all the way for me!! 



I think it has something to do with the TV shows I saw as a child, Daktari, Tarzan, etc, and even though I grew up surrounded by farm animals I have always been fascinated by jungle animals.  I think I had a brain fizz for this one because I have created an Urban Jungle......






For me, farm it is without a doubt. I love cows because they are such gentle animals.
And I love chickens too, I don't know exactly why.  



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for picking my card into your top3 :) Congrats to all the other winners, too. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards by the DT! I'm so glad I have found this cute challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - happy dance!! It's a great surprise when my name comes up. So proud to tell that I'm a winner of your challenge in my sidebar. Thanks so much!!! Congratulations to other winners! Hugs, Repolainen from Finland

    ReplyDelete