Thursday 21 May 2020

Favourite Embellishment & Why

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge
Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm inner glow of pride, without lots of entry rules.

Usually we provide some options for you to choose from 
from which you can select your favourite to join in. 

For a change to win our prize or a top-3 spot, 
please remember tell us why you've made your choice
so that our team and readers can understand the reason it's your favourite.

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'bunny', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the rabbit from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember to have fun 
and enjoy your crafting time.


Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

#8 Carol G



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

Fantastic Ribbons




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Embellishment (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:

We are also DELIGHTED to welcome Lorraine to our team permanently.
We have loved having her as our recent guest and she has agreed to stay on with us.
We hope you will pop along to leave her a comment to welcome her.

Anne
My style has changed over the years, I always used to add pearls or ribbon to my cards but now they are gathering dust. I love to make embellishments with small dies and my favourites at the moment are clouds





My 3 old-faithfuls of ribbons, flowers and pearls always remain!  My favourite ribbons are beautiful 15mm satins or organzas, especially when tied in a double bow. I love the sheen and texture and I like pairing them with the flowers and pearls.





My favourite embellishment for about the last year has been upholstery or buttonhole thread.  I like that it has enough body to add interest, but little bulk for mailing.  It's also the perfect place to hide a tiny tag, another of my favourites.






Elaine


My favourite embellishments vary depending on the card. Pearls are always a favourite on anniversary card. I love the subtle sheen and elegance.






My absolute favourite embellishments are my hotfix gems. When I found these on a craft fair many years ago I really thought they would be very popular for us cardmakers.....but I was so wrong and until today I really don't understand why they aren't popular. Hotfix gems are little rhinestones or nailheads (or many other kinds) that have a little glue layer on the back. You need a hotfix tool. With the tool you push on the hotfix gem and glue starts to melt and the hotfix gems sticks to your project. The hotfix gems came in many colours and sizes and were pretty cheap. I still have lots and love using them. On my card I decorated the sides of my panel and I also added them on all the antennae from these little bees. I love the simple look and how easy they are to apply.





Lorraine

My favourite embellishments are diecuts. I particularly like die cut flowers, and there are so many to choose from.


My favourites are pearls, flowers and either ribbon or lace.  I love adding them to special occasion/big birthday cards as it makes them stand out a bit more from the rest.



My favourite embellishments are seam binding (of which I have many metres and in many colours) and enamel dots. Neither add too much bulk for posting and just add a nice finishing touch to most styles of card.


Many of you will be familiar with my CAS style, so I don't use that many embellishments, but when I do I like to use die-cut or punched shapes as accents.  For this one, I used little stars to form a fountain of happiness.






My favourite embellishment at the moment is twine/yarn. I usually use the brown yarn to attach a charm to my card. Or in this case I made a bow. It's so versatile and gives something extra to my cards. 




So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous challenge theme! I enjoyed so much reading what the DT chose for their fave embellishment and why....learned some new tricks and ideas, too! Thank you, ladies, for your inspiration!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete