Thursday 26 September 2019

Favourite Style (CAS or FAF) and Why

Hello crafters, thanks to everyone who entered our last challenge which was Santa or no Santa?
As always you didn't make it at all easy to choose, but after much deliberation the winner is:


with this adorable Winter scene...




Congratulations Esther, please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize 
...and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are:

Aunty Sue with this lovely tepee card






Marieke with her cute elves






and Helen with this simple but elegant embossed vellum card





Congratulations ladies, please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

Lee Holland Digis




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite style (CAS/FAF) (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


Anne
Using Lee Holland Fox
My style has definitely changed over the years, I think CAS is harder than it looks but I love making clean'ish' modern cards and I always use dies.
I used Lee Holland's adorable 'sweet fox' image for my card



I used to be a full on FAF crafter, but I am definitely a CAS convert!  After I've spent ages colouring an image I don't want to overload it with embellies.  Plus it's easier to mail!  :0)




Brenda
Using Lee Holland's Penguin with Snowflake
I'm an eclectic card maker with a tendency toward simple.  I love nice lines with a little fluff because they are just so much fun to make! 



Elaine

I think I lean towards the CAS look. I find it hard to put too much on a card and still have it look good.



Jayne
**coming soon**

Larissa
using Lee Holland Halloween kitten
Most of my cards are more in CAS style than fully loaded. I love the simple look of a CAS card. I don't use very much design paper and I am also not using very much embellishments on my cards.




Lisa
**coming soon**

My usual style is in between the two extremes, although occasionally I do like to try a shabby chic style.  I can't make a CAS card without wanting to add pearls or some other embellishment and I do like to use patterned paper so you don't see much white space on my cards. Only two flowers have been added this time as the paper is so patterned.


I am neither one or t'other!! I love patterned paper so my cards usually feature some which excludes CAS. I don't add lots of frippery so don't favour faff. My style is just "ME"!!





I have tried to make FAF, truly I have, more than once, but each time they have turned out like an explosion in an embellishment factory rather than a beautifully created piece, so I'm guessing my style is definitely CAS, sometimes more CAS than others!






I like to make cards that don't have too many layers and embellishments and tend to be clean and simple.


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited to be the winner from the last link party. Thanks for choosing my Yeti card -- I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing my card in the top 3 - what a lovely surprise!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner! Thanks for choosing my card in the top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the top three spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design team samples. I like to create in CAS style for most of the same reasons listed by the DT. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute DT cards!

    Thanks for the Challenge, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the different styles from the DT, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete