Thursday 19 July 2018

Favourite Ribbons or Buttons - and WHY?

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 


and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:













So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

Crafty Ribbons
£10 voucher
crafty ribbons






This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite: Ribbon or Buttons (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I love pretty ribbons (I have all the colours in all the sizes!) and particularly love tying them into double bows alongside a little array of flowers.  I'm not a huge fan of adding buttons to a card (unless they're novelty ones). I think that stems from my sewing days and it still feels odd to put buttons on a card!




I like both ribbons and buttons and have a wonderful collection of both in my stash.  I think I use ribbon more often and love the extra special look it gives any creation.



Elaine


I have to opt for ribbon as my favourite. It is so versitile and adds a little more interest to even a CAS card.


I have lots of buttons, but I always forget to use them. I do use ribbon. I love that it is a cute embellishment and it doesn't add a lot of bulk. I love the look of a tiny bow on a card.





I don't have many buttons and hardly ever use them, but ribbon does feature on a lot of my cards.  I think it adds a feminine touch and an extra bit of interest when you're struggling with embellishments.





It's ribbon for me. I think it adds texture, without bulk, to a card. When seam binding became fashionable I bought many, many colours!! Now, though, I buy white and colour it with alcohol markers. 
It's well known that I have an allergy to ribbon that even antihistamine can't cure, so for me it has to be buttons..... although I do tend to fake those, as in this little card!





It depends on the type of card I want to make. I love ribbons on girlie and bridal cards, but for a boy or man I love to use buttons. For this challenge I opt for buttons.


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing me in the top three and congrats to the winners. Another lovely challenge and fab DT cards. Off to play with some ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for choosing my card as winnner and congrats to the other ladys.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete