Thursday 23 February 2017

What do you make other than cards (and why)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Hazel




Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are





Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge


The sponsor of this challenge is

Prizes: - 3 digi stamps voucher worth £6.75



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Non Card Project (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I have a bit of a 'thing' for boxes (making, buying and generally hoarding!) so I've made a little scalloped treat box using a Lawn Fawn die and decorated it using one of my new stamps from Gerda Steiner.






Well thats easy for me because I LOVE to crochet and this little hat was a
joy to make for our new grandson. link to the pattern on my blog :)


A while back, I decided to use some faux leather to make my own Traveler's Journal.  I loved making something completely different for a change.  Now I want to find a piece of leather and make the real thing.

I love my card making but occasionally I make jewelry.
I love the versatility of beads. I started using them on cards and soon found myself making the odd necklace and bracelet.




I have been doing lots of crafts whole my life, but lately it is mostly cardmaking what I do. If I don't make cards I love designing little boxes (with the silhouette) and decorating them.





I don't do a lot of other crafting now I've found cardmaking, but I did decide last year to make more Christmas projects for the home.  I am in the middle of a Christmas cross stitch at the moment so I can't show that, but I have made this decoration from a mdf bauble. It's too big to hang on a tree as it's about 7" tall, but it can stand or hang on a wall.




Well I "dabble" in lots of other crafty pursuits including sewing, knitting and over the last few years I taught myself to crochet. My current crochet project is my largest to date, by far...it's a blanket. I find crochet grows so much quicker than knitting and for that reason is my favourite non-card project.




I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts over the years, and part of this is a left-over from my days of cross stitch (the keyring fob) and I love making little surprise, personal, gifts for my friends along with a gift bag or box to go with them

Years ago, crochet was my favorite hobby and I have picked up again recently. This is my first project. I did have trouble with all the small parts, filling and assembly and to be honest I am not 100% satisfied. I still need to practice a lot.




So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and
showcase your Favourite Non Card Project (& why).

You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

3 comments:

  1. congrats to winner!
    is so pretty creation!
    Im happy to be in top 3!
    congrats to all!
    wonderful inspiration from team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very create DT samples. Thanks for the "not a card" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Im so excited, albeit a little late to pop over and see I had won. Thank You for picking my cute wee creation, Ive just popped off an email to you, Thanks Again, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete