Thursday 19 September 2024

Favourite Die (and why)

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge

Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm "inner glow" of pride, without lots of entry rules.




CHALLENGE RULES:

Usually we provide 2 contrasting options for you to choose from. 
Join us by using your favourite option in your creation. 

To be eligible to win our prize, or top-3 spot, 
you must explain why you've made your choice,
so we can understand why you like it so much!

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'rabbits', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the bunny from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember the main requirement in creating is 
to have fun and enjoy your crafting time!





Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
So much beautiful projects. It was hard to choose.

Our winner is:







Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are







Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is:







This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite: Cutting Die (or paper punch if you don't have any dies) & why
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I love circle dies, and have them in vairous styles, including double stitched, pierced and deckled, but the simple stitch is my favourite. I love the subtle texture without taking the focus away from the image or embelishments.




I had to have this swirling star die set last year...and never used it, but I pulled it out this year and love it.  It can be used for Christmas as shown here and I plan to use it on some Halloween cards too.


 

This Sentiment Merry Christmas die is my most favourite, I use it every Christmas and it is the best size.


.



I love using dies and have a few favourites. These Moonstone flowers and Marianne circle dies are used for many of my cards. They are pretty and look different each time with various colour combos.









My favourite die is a tag die with a unusual shape for a tag. Most tags are long and not very wide and this one is wide and not so long and I love it! It is so perfect for creating a little scene like I did today.




I love my mini scalloped dies.  I have circles, squares and these edgers which come in a variety of shapes.  I love how they add a bit of interest but without being too overpowering.



I have found so many unused dies during the course of this year and have made a real effort to use them instead of regular circle or square dies. I shamefully have several complete crafting suites that I've never used. This die set came with stamps and the shakey thingy too so I used all the things to make this and, I have to say that sets with the whole kit and caboodle are definitely my new favourites!!







Lately I bought several flower/leaf dies and I love them. At this moment these are my favorite dies and I used them a lot. This is one of the cards I made with these dies.


It's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for choosing my sunflower card as one of your top three! I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete