Thursday 29 August 2019

Favourite Way to Add Text (and why)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:


Ma-Mi


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is





This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite way to add text (eg stamped, die cut, doodled or typed) (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:

Using Ula be a Mermaid

I'm a real font geek and I love mixing different typefaces to make interesting greetings.
 Nicki at Polkadoodles does this with most of her sentiments which saves me a job, this one along with another is included as a bonus item with the image




Using Jasper Kitty Balloon
I'm not usually very good at remembering to add sentiments but I guess my most common way is to use a typed sentiment which I can write myself.  Like Anne, I have quite a collection of different fonts but I really like this one which is called "KG Beneath Your Beautiful Chunk".




I often leave cards without sentiments so I can add them for a specific occasion.  When I do add them, now that I have my MISTI, it's usually with a stamp.  So many stamp sets come with just the perfect sentiments which make it fast and easy.


  


Elaine

I vary how I put my sentiments on my cards. Today I have used a die cut. I love how  they are crisp and clean. Sometimes when I use a stamp I smudge.



I am a total disaster area when it comes to stamping sentiments! I can spend hours on a card only to stamp a wonky sentiment, or a splodgey sentiment as a finishing touch :-( I much prefer a pre-cut shop bought sentiment ( I know, I'm a shocker) that is neither wonky nor splodgey!


Larissa
 I love many ways to add a sentiment like with a die-cut or on a little strip of paper. But most of the times I stamp my sentiment on the card itself. I don't plan my cards really well, so often when it is almost done I need to find a place for the sentiment. It used to be really scary to stamp it on your card, but since I am the lucky owner of a stamping platform it can hardly go wrong!



Lisa
**coming soon**

I prefer my sentiment stamps to be in rubber form rather than digital as it gives me the option to heat emboss them. I tend to do this more with Christmas cards, but this time I've heat embossed on a birthday card.



Like all paper crafters I have drawers full of sentiment stamps but can never find the right message so I often use a computer generated sentiment mounted on coordinating card.



Oh I do love putting text onto a card, be it stamp or die, or, my current favourite, which is a mixture of both!


It depends on the card I'm going to make. 
When I use a stamp set that also contains a sentiment, I like to use that.


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, I'm thrilled and honoured. You've made my day a happier one!
    Have a nice day! Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the fun challenge and wonderful DT inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing one of my cards as a favorite. I am honored. I have come back to play in the new challenge. Wonderful design team samples.

    ReplyDelete