Thursday 11 October 2018

Clean and Simple or Fussy and Fancy (and why)

Good Morning Crafters.

Before we get started with the usual daily routine today, I am delighted to share the happy news that we have 3 new super-talented members joining the AYLI Design Team.  

I'm so proud to welcome them to the team, and I hope that you will visit them to see their fabulous creations.

So without further ado, please give a warm welcome to:

Anne
My photo

Jayne
My Photo

Lisa
My Photo


We hope that you will be inspired by their creations as they join in with their first challenge this week.  


So, what fun do we have in store for you today?

First up, the winner of our last challenge.
Thank you to everyone who entered.  We loved seeing your creations.
Our fabulous winner is:

MaryAnn Scrapbooking



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:













So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is
This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite: CAS or Full of Frills (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



Anne
My style has changed over the years but although I really like CAS it's harder than it looks. I love using patterned papers and dies so I can't resist adding a few layers to my cards!





Although I still revert back to full-on embellishment mode every now and then, I have become more adventurous with the 'less is more' concept and actually now enjoy it!  It does mean there's more focus on the image which is a little daunting though!  





I tend to gravitate more to CAS cards.  I still like a few embellishments, but really love the crisp clean look of CAS.  It's also easier to mail.





Elaine

I like the look of CAS cards. The clean cut lines and simple embellishments suit my style. I can't successfully make a fussy card with them looking silly.





Jayne

I must confess to loving a frilly card ;-) However, on a special occasion, I pull on my big girl pants and make something CAS!





Larissa
I really love making CAS cards! I don't like it when there is a lot of bulk from embellishments on my card. I like it that when you make a CAS card the image really gets all the attention it deserves. Sometimes I add a couple of little embellishments, but sometimes it isn't necessary. ;)





Lisa
My natural style is somewhere between CAS and 'frills' - I love paper and lots of layers, but struggle to use embellishments (that doesn't seem to stop me collecting them though!)




Lynne

I think my style is more in between CAS and full of frills, but when I make a card for someone special I do love to go to town a bit and this is about as fussy as I go.



I am a simple soul!! My cards tend to be a bit on the CAS side and I usually let the paper or the image take the spotlight. In this case it is a fabulous new die set that shines.



Oh you know me, I love a good FAFfy card, with loads of embellishments, bows, flowers, frills etc etc.  Well, I do, if someone else has made it!  Not my style I'm afraid, I'm a clean and simple girl to the bone.





I do have a lot of embellishments in my stash and now and again I use them. 
But lately I like CAS more than cards with a lot of frills. 
So my favourite at the moment is CAS style cards.





So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

6 comments:

  1. C'est avec joie que je viens de découvrir que je suis la gagnante.
    Waouh ! C'est génial... Je suis aux anges !
    Merci beaucoup à la DT d'avoir choisi ma création.
    Toutes mes félicitations aux autres heureuses gagnantes.
    Bises.

    MaryannG

    It is with joy that I have just discovered that I am the winner.
    Wow! It's great ... I'm thrilled!
    Thank you very much to the DT for choosing my creation.
    Congratulations to the other lucky winners.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I laughed when I read some of the DT struggle with CAS I always struggle with it. Thank heavens this stamp had all I needed to make a CAS! LOL...it was almost like cheating! Thank you DT for all the love inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très belle inspiration de la DT.
    Merci pour ce beau défi.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    Very nice inspiration from the DT.
    Thank you for this beautiful challenge.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for choosing my fox card as one of your top picks! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards from the DT xx

    ReplyDelete