Thursday 17 October 2024

Favourite: Ribbon or Twine (and why)

Welcome to As You Like It Challenge

Our fortnightly challenge is a home for you to create something 
which gives you a warm "inner glow" of pride, without lots of entry rules.




CHALLENGE RULES:

Usually we provide 2 contrasting options for you to choose from. 
Join us by using your favourite option in your creation. 

To be eligible to win our prize, or top-3 spot, 
you must explain why you've made your choice,
so we can understand why you like it so much!

eg, if the theme is 'favourite animal' and you decide on 'rabbits', tell us why.
eg, you love Thumper, the bunny from Bambi !

So get crafting and remember the main requirement in creating is 
to have fun and enjoy your crafting time!





Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:



#25 Maryann Scrapbooking




Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are


#16 Elin




#39 Jackie




#55 Vicki


Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






No sponsor this week - just for fun!




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite: Ribbon or Twine (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



This is an easy choice for me as I have a huge box of ribbon rolls, in various colours, textures and widths. My favourite is a lovely 15mm satin ribbon tied in a double bow, which beautifully frames the festive image that I've watercoloured for today's card.  I love the softness of the ribbon and the beautiful range of colours to accent my card.




I love ribbon and have a very nice stash of it, but I seem to use twine more often.  I love the rustic, grungy look of it and the fact that it isn't so thick.


 

Not a big ribbon user but I do love my twine, be it, leather, string or whatever
to tie up my booklets...






I don't use ribbon or twine too often, but I do have lots in my stash. I am not the best at making bows so a simple knot looks better on my cards. 






I love using twine, because it is thin and easy to use. I love the look of it.




I do use both but, with this style of card, I think ribbon with a little bow is more suitable.




Since I have branched out into journalling and other forms of papercrafting, twine has been my favourite. Here I have used it as fastenings for this folio.

              



Twine for me. I like this twine very much it's versatile and thin. And my ribbon bows are horrible. 


It's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment