Thursday 4 May 2017

Favourite Die (and WHY)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are




Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

Lawn Fawn
A stamp set and 6x6 pad of the winner’s choice
Lawn Fawn

This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Die (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I currently have 2, so I've used them both on my card.  I am really loving the stitched type of dies, and have a few.  My favourite nesting type of die is my stitched circles because they're a great size and seem to fit most images.  I also like my stitched border dies, especially for CAS style card layouts because they can create simple breaks in two papers without layering.





Samantha

Wow this is a difficult challenge theme but I have to say that my Oliva Alphabet set is my 1st Favourite also this set has been discontinued I am not quite sure why its an AWESOME set..... and the Star is from a New Set and my 2nd Favourite die.



I LOVE DIES!!!  I am currently finding it difficult to create a card without some sort of a stitched rectangle, circle or square.  Having said that I also love my tag dies and have a wonderful collection of all sizes and shapes. 





Elaine


I have many favourite dies but I love this poppy die by Memory Box. It is one of the first Memory Box dies I bought and has been a great investment. This die can be used for anything from birthdays to sympathy cards and everything in between. It always looks so elegant.




I love stitched dies, but since I have discovered these dies from Crealies with the little holes on the edges, I am totally addicted to them. I love the cute little extra touch they give to a card or a project. I have picked the circle dotted dies, because I really like using the circle shape and I thought it would be fun to create tags with only circle dies



I love stitched edge dies because they give a more finished look rather than a plain edge. My most favourite is my stitched squares set by Crealies.  There are 12 of them in the set so there are plenty of sizes to chose from and I use them a lot!




Spellbinders Floral Ovals have to be among my favourite die sets, I tend to reach for them the most and in this case have used one of the smaller ones.  They are intricate without being too fussy.


I love my dies to have detailed edges so anything stitched or pierced makes
me a very happy Squirrel - they just give that extra finishing touch of detail





Wilma

I have a lot of favourite dies, but at the moment my favourite is a set I bought recently: postage dies. I love the shape of it and the stitches. It's a basic set which I will use often. 




So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and
showcase Your Favourite Die (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for putting my curious cat in your Top 3, I'm delighted and I will wearmy badge with pride.Well done to the other ladies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for choosing my entry as one of your Top 3. I have also added my badge to my blog with pride! Congratulations to the winner and to the other top 3 entries. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this lovely challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fun challenge, and gorgeous DT inspirations too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspiration from the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous makes from the design team, great inspiration!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing job DT. I love how you highlighted many different dies. TFS

    ReplyDelete