Thursday 6 April 2017

Favourite Card Base Shape & Why

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winners are:

Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prizes, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are





Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our next challenge
Your Favourite shape of cardbase can be a square, but you must say why!



The sponsor of this challenge is



Prize - a $10.00 Gift Certificate for Sweet Stamp Store
SweetStamps.com manufactures artistic rubber stamps on cling cushion for use with acrylic blocks. We carry a variety of stamping and paper crafting goodies like our own Shades dye inks, metal embossing plates, embossing folders, cutting & embossing dies (Our very own Sweet Cuts Dies, Cheery Lynn, Marianne, Joy! and Nellie's), fine detail embossing powders, specialty cardstock and vellum along with supplies for parchment crafting. 




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite shape of cardbase can be a square, but you must say why!
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


Most of my cards are a standard 6" x 6" square, but despite that being my most common, it's actually not my favourite!  I love the shape created with my Go Kreate Labels die so today I've dug it out and used it for the first time in a while.




    Samantha
    I love 15x15cm Square cards, I love the clear crisp shape and also love that I can matt and layer and love I only have to take off ½ cm off 2 sides and it's exactly the right size for the red layer and then I took off 1cm off 2 sides for the top white layer.

    I think my favorite shape has to be the A4 rectangle.  My reason is pretty boring but it is just such a practical size when it comes to postage.





    Elaine


    My favourite has to be square. It is a versatile shape and when the card is a little too bulky or delicate for an envelope, I can make a box for posting.




    I love square cards. The shape is easy to work with and  you have lots of room to make your project on.



    I nearly always make square cards, usually 6" but 7" for more special cards.  I think this is because I find them much easier to fit embellishments on and like them to be symmetrical.  This little exercise has made me think I should be more adventurous!





    My favourite shape has to be plain old 15cm x15cm, it appeals to my need for symmetry!! In this case I have used a kraft blank.
    My current favourite card shape is rectangle - it satisfies my CAS streak, but is infinitely adjustable to create different shapes and sizes, from long and skinny, to short and squat (I know that feeling!), and it can be used as portrait or landscape too so a very versatile shape
    the outside

    and the inside

    At the moment my favorite shape is rectangle. Maybe it's a bit boring, but it is practical and the cards fit in ordinary envelopes.

So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and
showcase your Favourite shape of cardbase can be a square, but you must say why!
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for picking my watercolor picture of the girl with the umbrella as one of your Top 3! I'm super honored since this was the first time I tried watercoloring like that and to think you liked it that much really makes me happy! I'm proud to put the badge on my blog! Thanks again!! Hugs, Gail L

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for making me feel as happy as my bunny card that you chose for a top 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing me in your Top 3 - what a lovely surprise! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful DT creations as ever - thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete